Direct Access Scheme, A1, A2

Once you have a valid CBT and a Motorcycle Theory Test. Both are valid for 2 years. You can look at taking your full motorcycle licence and ride motorcycle larger than 125cc depending on age.

DAS is a course to gain your full (Category A) licence for those aged 24 or over, or those who have held an A2 licence for at least two years.

A2 is a restricted licence allowing 19 to 23 year olds access to more powerful bikes with a maximum of 35kw (47BHP) 2 years after passing you can take your full A licence.

A1 is a full licence for 17 to 18 year olds to ride a maximum 125cc 11kw (14.8bhp) without L plates, carry a pillion and use Motorways.

Whether “A1”, “A2”, or full “A” licence there are 2 tests that must be taken before you can ride legally

  • an off-road riding test Module 1 (MOD 1)
  • an on-road riding test Module 2 (MOD 2)

You must pass the Module 1 test before you can take the Module 2 test. 

You cannot ride a larger motorcycle until both tests have been passed.

Currently you must retake MOD 1 and MOD 2 if progressing up the scale A1 to A2 and then A2 to full A, though if progressing the theory does not need to be redone.

What you need to do to pass the tests

To pass the riding tests you must be able to:

  • Show controlled safe manoeuvring skills
  • ride safely in different road and traffic conditions
  • show that you know The Highway Code by the way you ride

The national standard for riding mopeds and motorcycles tells you everything that you must be able to do to pass the tests.

If you have any questions or wish to book a motorcycle training course please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Call: 07785 918765

Fill out the form below

    Proudly powered by WordPress

    Copyright © 2024 Access Rider Training

    Terms and Conditions

    Access Rider Training Unit 1 Braybrooks Yard Main Road Stickney Boston PE22 8AY